Lucid Body Teacher Training Program Overview
The Lucid Body Teacher Training is an apprenticeship program. Each apprentice works closely with Fay Simpson and a mentor on their personal teacher training path. The apprenticeship consists of two major components:
- The apprentice’s personal Lucid Body evolution.
- Learning the tools of teaching the Lucid Body Technique.
Each Apprentice will be paired with a mentor. This mentor, a certified Lucid Body teacher, will be a touchstone for you. You can schedule check-ins with them to ask in depth questions that arise throughout the training. Your mentor will also help keep you on track with the workload and help nurture your personal Lucid Body process. The apprentice will assist and observe workshops, participate in 3 major group teacher training intensive workshops each year, and complete specified course work.
1st Intensive : August 2nd- August 6th, 2017
2nd Intensive: Jan 10th – Jan 14th, 2018
3rd Intensive: May 16th – May 20th, 2018
4th Intensive: August 1st – August 5th, 2018
5th Intensive: Jan 9th – Jan 13th, 2019
Final Intensive: May 15th – May 19th, 2019
Program Objectives Apprenticeship:
- Leads students to become a certified Lucid Body Teacher.
- Provides students with the opportunity to assist and observe Lucid Body courses in New York, London and Berlin.
- Teaches fluency in the Lucid Body language in the chakras, their associations, and their common applications to character development.
- Merges the basic foundations of anatomy, massage, yoga, modern dance and meditation as relevant to Lucid Body.
- Focuses first year students on learning the detailed steps of the Lucid Body exercises.
- Tests second year students in a series of workshops where they will be teaching the basic exercises they’ve learned in first year to an invited class of students.
- Offers available classes to assist and observe other teachers. This is mandatory during both years and it will be arranged individually upon acceptance to the program.
- The program culminates in a thesis; 1-2 days workshop designed by the apprentice around their specific area of interest. In this workshop the student will be on their own and dealing with all aspects of bringing a new Lucid Body workshop to life.
Those interested in using the Lucid Body work outside of the theater world are welcomed as well. There are three stages to your acceptance:
- Your application and proof of prerequisite completion.
- Your interview with Fay Simpson (in person or via Skype).
- A one day workshop with accepted applicants (In New York, London and Berlin)
- B.A (Or comparable education by experience)
- M.F.A. or M.A. in Theatre (strongly advised but not mandatory)
- Lucid Body Basics (twice)
- Lucid Body II (twice)
- Two-day intensive (twice)
- Dance experience advised
- Basic Anatomy Knowledge (please mention in application) Suggested teacher: Irene Dowd at Boho Pilates
- Therapy (drama therapy, Talk Therapy, etc – please mention in application)